Lemon, Leek & Feta Quiche
- 1 ready to bake quiche crust
- 2 cups leeks cleaned and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 eggs beaten
- 3/4 cups cream
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme chopped
- 1/4 pound feta cheese crumbled
- 3 tablespoons Romano cheese grated
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the olive oil to a skillet over a medium high temperature, and saute the leeks for about 5 minutes, until wilted. Set aside, and allow them to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, cream, and milk. Beat well.
- Now add the salt, pepper, lemon juice and zest, and chopped thyme to the egg mixture. Blend together well with a whisk or fork.
- Poke a few holes in the bottom of the quiche pastry with a fork. Add the leeks to the bottom of the quiche.
- Pour the egg mixture over the leeks.
- Dot with the crumbled feta cheese.
- Top with Romano cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until firm all the way through the middle.
- Can be eaten warm, cold, or at room temperature.