Excited to celebrate National Lemon Meringue Pie Day but don’t want to turn on the oven? Try this easy Lemon Meringue Pie Nice-Cream recipe as a cool & refreshing way to celebrate this fun food holiday this summer!
We love this recipe because it is made with bananas instead of traditional dairy ice cream making it a healthy and guilt-free treat! Bananas are such an incredibly nutritious and veritable fruit!
Lemon Meringue Pie Nice-Cream
- 1 Limoneira classic lemon
- 3 ripe bananas, frozen
- ½ cup marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 3 cinnamon graham crackers
- Peel bananas, slice, and store in the freezer for 6+ hours.
- Chop marshmallows and crumble graham crackers almost into a powder.
- Add in vegan butter and stir to combine.
- Using a Yonanas machine or blender, blend frozen bananas.
- Mix in lemon juice and some lemon zest.
- Using a bread pan, layer by first adding half of the nice cream, then half of the marshmallows and graham crackers, final layer of nice cream, and final layer of marshmallows and graham crackers.
- Let freeze for another 6+ hours and enjoy!