Happy August! We are excited to celebrate lemons all month long because August has 3 lemon holidays! August 15th is National Lemon Meringue Pie Day, August 20th is National Lemonade Day and August 29th is National Lemon Juice Day! To kick off Lemon Meringue Pie Day, we are sharing an incredible Lemon Meringue Tart recipe with you today!
This amazing dessert is filled with a tangy lemon curd and a light silky meringue on top! It is also gluten-free and dairy-free making it the perfect treat for any family gathering or outdoor party! This recipe is made with simple ingredients and easy steps for you to follow with ease. We can’t wait to hear how much you love this Tart!
Lemon Meringue Tart
- 1 cup lemon curd
Tart Crust Ingredients
- ½ cup oat flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup soft coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons ice-cold water
- 3 egg whites room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the oat flour, tapioca flour, coconut oil and sea salt to a food processer and pulse until a crumbly mixture is formed. Then add the maple syrup and ice-cold water and pulse again until the dough starts to form.
- Press the dough into a ball and roll out between two non-stick surfaces, such as a silicone baking mat and some parchment paper.
- Add the dough to your tart pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the egg whites to a mixing bowl and mix until they become frothy. Then add the lemon juice and keep whisking until soft peaks form. Finally, add the sugar slowly while whisking, and whisk until medium/soft peaks form.
- Once your tart has baked, add your lemon curd and then top with meringue. Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes, until top is lightly browned.
- Add some fresh lemon zest and enjoy!
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!