Lemon Pecan Pie
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pie shell 9" unbaked
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk the brown sugar, flour, and corn syrup together in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, continuing to whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Add the melted butter, vanilla, lemon zest and juice, and milk. Blend together well.
- Add 1 cup of the pecans last, folding the mixture over to distribute them evenly.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Arrange the remaining 1/2 cup of pecan halves on top of the pie.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, until the crust is a golden brown. The filling should be set but still a little jiggly. It will set as it cools.