Lemon Pineapple Ginger Bars
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut finely shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter cold
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- 2 lemons zest & juice
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice no sugar added
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup canned crushed pineapple drained
- Powdered sugar to dust
- Preheat oven to 350° F, and prepare an 8″ x 8″ baking dish by lining it with parchment paper or foil, and greasing lightly. The paper should overhang the edges by a bit.
- Measure the flour into a large bowl, and stir in the coconut and salt to blend.
- Cut the butter into small cubes, and then using two knives, cut it into the flour mixture. (You can also pulse it in a food processor of course.) The mixture should have a relatively moist, coarse texture, with small crumbles about the size of peas.
- Using your hands, pat it into the bottom of the parchment-lined baking dish in an even layer.
- Bake only until just set, or about 10 minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl until frothy.
- Add the Greek yogurt and beat until the mixture is smooth, with no lumps.
- Add the maple syrup, lemon zest and juice, ginger and pineapple juice, and stir until blended.
- Add the flour, salt, and crushed pineapple, beating until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture over the crust, and bake in the oven until set, or about 30 minutes.
- Allow the bars to cool for at least 2 hours in the fridge before cutting.
- Dust with powdered sugar.