Lemon Poppyseed Truffles
Whether it’s for Christmas or other holidays, or even just to be able to offer your family and friends delicious sweets made with wholesome ingredients, making homemade candy is a labor of love. But, that doesn’t mean that it has to be difficult or taxing. Here are a couple of recipes that add the bright pop of lemon flavor to yummy candies.
- 2 cups neufchatel or cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds ground
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
• Blend the neufchatel or cream cheese, poppy seeds, lemon juice and zest thoroughly.
• Add the icing sugar and mix well.
• Refrigerate for about 2 hours, or until the mixture is set.
• Use wax paper to line a baking sheet, and then form the dough into balls, using about 1 tablespoon for each.
• Place the tray full of truffles in the fridge for about 15 minutes to set.
• Melt the chocolate in a double boiler (or use a small saucepan within a large saucepan about half full of water).
• Take the truffle out of the fridge and dip them in the chocolate, using a fork, then roll in the sprinkles.
• Return to the tray and allow them to set at room temperature.