Lemon Raspberry Cake Squares
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Greek yogourt
- 1/8 cup milk
- Lightly grease an 8” x 8” square baking pan, and preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- In a small bowl, measure the raspberries. If they are on the larger side, you can cut them in half so they are better distributed throughout the cake.
- Sprinkle the berries with 1/2 teaspoon ginger, brown sugar and 1 tablespoon flour. Blend carefully with a spoon, trying to keep the fruit intact, while coating with the other ingredients.
- Set aside for now.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend the flour, baking powder, salt, 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger and lemon zest. Sift together to distribute as evenly as you can.
- In a second bowl, beat the butter until light and smooth. Add the sugar as you continue to beat, until the mixture is fluffy in texture.
- Add the egg as you continue to mix.
- In a small bowl, blend the Greek yogourt and milk, and then add to the batter, beating until well blended. The dough will be fairly thick.
- Spoon the raspberries into the batter, trying not to include any excess flour or spices. Gently stir into the batter, as evenly distributed as you can make them.
- Bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes. A clean knife inserted into the center should come out clean.
- You can store them in a covered container in the fridge for up to 5 to 7 days.