Lemony Chicken Stir Fry
- 2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 Limoneira® lemon zest & juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 inch ginger minced
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 large carrot julienned
- 1 red pepper cut into strips
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- Cut the chicken into strips and then chunks about 3/4-inch long.
- Combine the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, lemon juice & honey in a small bowl. Stir until combined.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the mixture onto the chicken, and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the oil, and add the onion. Fry for about 2 minutes, until the onions begin to soften.
- Add the garlic and ginger, and continue to cook for another minute or so.
- Add the chicken, and fry until browned, or about 3 to 5 minutes on both sides.
- Next, add the mushrooms, peppers and carrots.
- Pour the rest of the sauce over everything, and continue to fry for about 2 to 3 minutes until the vegetables are done to your preference.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over steamed rice or noodles.