Lemony Leftover Pasta
- 2 cups leftover pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- 1 teaspoon oregano minced
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup Asiago cheese finely grated
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok until hot.
- Add the shallots, and cook for about 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the garlic, and continue to sauté for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add about half the lemon zest and the oregano, and cook for another minute.
- Next, add the cooked pasta to your skillet, and the lemon juice. Toss with the seasonings to blend.
- Turn the heat down to a medium-low temperature, and allow it to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir with a spatula, making sure it doesn’t stick. It should begin to brown, and may end up with clumps cooked together.
- Cook for another 5 to 10 minutes, turning over now and then, until it’s the desired level of crispness.
- For the last 2 or 3 minutes, stir in the chopped parsley.
- When it’s done, add the Asiago cheese and remaining lemon zest, and toss together in the skillet for a few seconds to heat together.