Mediterranean Style Mint Lemonade
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large lemons
- 1 large lemon juice only
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves about 25-40 mint leaves
- 3 drops orange blossom water optional
- 2 cups ice
- Add the sugar and 1 cup of water to a small saucepan. Heat over a medium-high burner, stirring constantly until the sugar has dissolved.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, remove from the heat and allow the syrup to cool to rom temperature.
- Remove the stems from the mint leaves.
- Wash the lemons and cut them into small pieces, removing any seeds you find. Juice the third lemon and discard the peel.
- Add the sugary syrup, remaining water, cut up lemons and lemon juice, mint, and orange blossom water to a blender. Pulse until liquified.
- Pass the liquid through a mesh sieve, and return to the blender.
- Add the ice, and start to blend slowly to break it up, then faster to achieve a slushy-like texture.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with extra mint leaves.