Meyer Lemon and Dark Chocolate Shortbread
- 1 cup Unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 Meyer lemon juiced & zested
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 Meyer lemons juiced
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare an 8" x 8" square baking pan by lightly greasing the bottom. You can also line the pan with aluminum foil.
- Measure the flour and sugar into a bowl.
- Cut the butter into pieces and drop them a few at a time into the mixture.
- Cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture has a coarse, mealy texture, gathered into crumbs about the size of peas. Don't over-mix.
- Add the Meyer lemon juice and zest, mixing until the dough just comes together.
- Last, add the chocolate chips with a spoon, folding the dough over until they are just evenly distributed. The dough should be thick and hold together.
- Press the dough into the pan.
- Bake in the oven in a middle rack for about 45 minutes. The cookie should be slightly puffed up in the pan and the edges just turning golden. Do not allow it to brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Mix the icing sugar with the juice of one to two Meyer lemons - just enough to make it into a thin glaze as you stir.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cookies. Allow the glaze to set for about 15 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve.