Meyer Lemon Avocado Pasta
- 8 ounces linguine
- 2 large avocados
- 1 Meyer lemon zest & juice
- 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- Peel the avocados and cut them in half, removing the seeds.
- Bring a large, deep saucepan half full with water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt.
- Add the linguine, and cook for about 8 minutes, or until al dente.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet, and add the garlic. Saute for 3 to 5 minutes, until the garlic starts to brown.
- Remove the skillet from the heat for now, and add the Meyer lemon zest, and herbs. Add more olive oil as necessary to avoid excessive browning.
- Chop the avocado, and add it to the pan, stirring to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Add Meyer lemon juice, and stir together, adding any remaining olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cherry tomato halves.
- Drain the pasta when it is done, reserving 1/2 to 3/4 cups of the liquid.
- Add the pasta and the liquid to the pan, tossing to combine.
- Serve right away.