Meyer Lemon Cranberry Biscotti
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons Meyer lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Measure the flour, sugar, lemon zest, and baking powder into a bowl, and mix together thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, add the eggs and beat lightly until frothy.
- Add the butter, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Blend together.
- Now add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir together until well blended. The dough should be stiff in texture.
- Lightly flour the counter or other surface and knead gently. Divide the dough in half, rolling each into a log.
- Place the dough logs on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Flatten each log to and oval shape.
- Bake the logs for about 25 minutes. The biscotti logs should be firm. Allow them to cool on a rack.
- Once cooled, slice them diagonally to 1/2" cookies and place back on the baking sheet.
- Heat the oven to 300°F and bake the sliced biscotti another 15 to 18 minutes.
- Cool before eating.