Meyer Lemon Mint Sorbet
- 1 cup golden sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Limoneira® Meyer lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint chopped
- 1 cup fresh squeezed Limoneira® Meyer lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vodka
- Add the sugar, water, mint and Meyer lemon zest into a small saucepan.
- Heat at a medium-high temperature, stirring constantly, until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Remove the syrup from the heat, and allow it to cool. If you wish, you can strain out the lemon zest and chopped mint, leaving only the liquid. You may also decide the extra texture adds to its appeal.
- Once it’s at room temperature, stir in the Meyer lemon juice and vodka.
- Cover, and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Once the mixture is thoroughly chilled, pour it into a shallow baking pan. Place it in the freezer for 2 hours. It should be about half frozen at that point.
- Use a large fork to fluff up the texture, and then return it to the freezer for about another 2 hours.
- When it is firm, you can process it in your food processor or blender until it’s smooth.
- You can also leave it as a firmer and icier version of sorbet.