Meyer Lemon Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 Meyer lemon zest & juice
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until smooth, and then add the sugar, beating until the mixture is light and fluffy in texture.
- Add the eggs, Meyer lemon juice and zest, beating until thoroughly incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, add the dry ingredients, mixing the flour, oats, chopped nuts, cinnamon, baking powder and salt until well blended.
- Gradually spoon the dry ingredients into the egg mixture, beating until incorporated.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for an hour or two, until the dough is firm enough to work with.
- Preheat oven to 375°, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Shape tablespoonfuls of the dough into balls, and place on the prepared baking sheet about 2-inches apart. Flatten the balls into rounds with the back of a spoon (dip it into water to if it begins to stick).
- Bake in the oven for only 5 to 8 minutes. The cookies should be fragrant and golden brown around the edges.
- Cool for 20 to 30 minutes on a rack before eating.