Meyer Lemon Poached Eggs with Asparagus and Prosciutto
Chive Infused Oil:
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Meyer lemon zest
- 2 pounds medium asparagus spears trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Meyer lemon zest
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
Meyer Lemon Poached Eggs:
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon finely grated Meyer lemon zest
- Blend the olive oil, chives, and Meyer lemon juice together until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the grated Meyer lemon zest, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill for up to 3 hours ahead of time.
- Return to room temperature when ready to use.
- Pre-heat the broiler.
- Arrange the asparagus spears on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with Meyer lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
- Broil for about 6 minutes, and then turn. Broil for about another 6 minutes.
- When ready to serve, divide the asparagus among four dishes, and drape with slices of prosciutto.
- Crack the eggs carefully into 4 small bowls or ramekins.
- Add about 2 cups of water to a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over a medium setting.
- Add 1/4 cup of Meyer lemon juice, and stir to combine.
- Add the eggs to the lemon water to poach one at a time. The whites should be set, and the yolks slightly running at about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the eggs to a paper towel with a slotted spoon for a few seconds to drain before topping the asparagus and prosciutto.
- Drizzle with the chive infused olive oil and serve immediately.