Meyer Lemon Pudding Cake
- 4 eggs separated
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed Meyer lemon juice from about 3-4 lemons
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 Meyer lemons zest finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- About 15 minutes before you are ready to start, melt the butter in a small saucepan over a medium-low setting. Once it has melted, measure it into a bowl and allow it to come back to room temperature.
- When you are ready, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees, and lightly grease an 8-inch round casserole or souffle dish.
- Once it it room temperature again, beat the butter until it is light and fluffy in texture.
- Add the sugar, flour, Meyer lemon juice and zest, sour cream, and salt, beating constantly until the mixture is smooth and thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff, and glossy peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites into the lemony yolk mixture one third at a time, folding it over only just enough to incorporate it into the batter. Repeat three times until done.
- Pour the batter into the prepared dish.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, until the custard is set and the top is a golden brown color.
- Allow the cake to cool for about 15 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar, and serve topped with blueberries.