Meyer Lemon Raspberry Coffee Cake
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 Large egg
- 2 tbsp Fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Fresh grated Meyer lemon peel finely grated
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2/3 cup All purpose flour
- 6 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 tbsp Fresh Meyer lemon juice
- Make the crumb topping first, so you'll have it ready when the cake batter is done.
- Add 1 cup sugar and 2/3 cup flour in a bowl and blend.
- Cut in the 6 tablespoons of butter with two knives until the mixture is crumbly and relatively evenly textured.
- Now for the cake! Sift the 2 cups flour and baking powder together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine 1/4 cup milk, 3/4 cups sugar, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup butter, egg, Meyer lemon juice and zest.
- Beat the mixture until it has a creamy texture.
- Add the flour/baking powder mixture in spoonfuls, folding the dry ingredients into the batter until just blended together. Do not beat.
- Fold in in the raspberries.
- Add the batter to a 10-inch round cake pan in spoonfuls.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping on top of the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Once the cake is done, combine the Meyer lemon juice and icing sugar for the glaze, blending until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cake.