Moroccan Style Salad with Oranges & Dates
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 Limoneira® orange zest & juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 large Limoneira® oranges supremed
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1/4 cup Medjool dates pitted & chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 sprigs mint chopped
- Add all the ingredients to a small bowl, and whisk until well blended.
- Whisk just before you serve to allow for the best combination.
- To supreme the oranges, using a very sharp small knife, and working over a bowl to catch any juices (you can add it to the dressing), carefully cut off all the peel and pith until you are left with a round, skinless orange.
- Slice in between the membranes, so that you release only the flesh of the fruit in segments that are (largely) intact.
- Toss the spinach and mint, and divide it between two plates.
- Arrange the dates, almonds, pomegranate seeds, and orange segments on each plate.
- Drizzle with the dressing.