Oatmeal Citrus Smoothie
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup oat milk
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger minced
- 1/2 Limoneira® lemon zest & juice
- 1 banana
- 1 Limoneira® orange peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 Limoneira® ruby grapefruit peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 scoop protein powder optional
- 1/2 cup yoghurt optional
2 Hours Before
- Peel the banana and cut it into chunks. Place in a ziplock bag and into the freezer.
When they're ready…
- When the banana is completely frozen, add the oats to a small, dry skillet over a medium-high temperature, and toast for about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Add the toasted oats, milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, cinnamon and ginger to a blender. Let it sit for a few minutes to blend the flavors.
- Add the fruit and juice, and protein powder and yoghurt if you are using them, and blend at a high speed until the texture is smooth.
- Eat at once, store in the fridge for 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.