Orange Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 oranges zest & juice
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup toasted pecan pieces
- Measure the flour, salt, and baking soda into a bowl. Add half the orange zest. Use a fork or whisk to mix thoroughly.
- In a second bowl, beat the butter until smooth.
- Add the brown sugar, and continue to beat until fluffy and light in texture.
- Add the egg, and last, about 3 tablespoons of the orange juice.
- Beat until completely mixed.
- Add the butter mixture to the dry ingredients, and mix until well blended.
- Last, add the chocolate and pecans, blending to distribute as evenly as you can.
- Cover the bowl, and refrigerate for about 3 hours.
- When it’s ready, preheat the oven to 350 °F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a tablespoon to form balls of dough. Set on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart, and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
- During the last 2 minutes, remove from the oven briefly to sprinkle with the remaining orange zest.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before removing to a serving plate.