There is nothing like the smell of freshly baked cinnamon rolls! Just thinking about them brings back memories and all the cozy feels. Sometimes, it can be hard to find family favorites like this at the store that fit your family’s dietary needs. We want you to enjoy these special treats no matter your dietary preference, which is why we’ve created this incredible Orange Cinnamon Roll Muffin recipe that is gluten-free and dairy-free!
These muffins are packed with those classic flavors and just a hint of citrus! This recipe is the perfect weekend treat and they are a great breakfast, snack or dessert to share with friends and neighbors!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF INGREDIENTS
Cherries are rich in the antioxidant anthocyanin, which gives cherries their beautiful color. Anthocyanin’s work to fight free radicals, which can help with the prevention of chronic disease. Cherries are also rich in fiber, which is important for feeding your healthy gut bacteria and aiding in digestion!
Orange peels contain plenty of fiber, vitamins and other incredible nutrients! One of these is called limonene. Limonene is a chemical found in the peels of citrus fruit that may project against cancer and other diseases. Citrus zest adds tons of flavor to dishes and can even be frozen and used for later recipes!
If you make these muffins, please share a photo on Instagram and tag me @HealthyGroceryGirl so I can easily find and like your creations! It’s so fun to connect with you and see what recipes you’re enjoying.
For more HGG recipe ideas you can also visit the HGG YouTube channel here!
- 2 cups gluten-free 1-to-1 baking flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs or vegan egg replacer
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed Limoneira navel orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Limoneira navel orange zest
- 1 teaspoon tapioca powder
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- ½ cup dried cherries
- ½ cup coconut brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup non-dairy cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add in butter and mix to combine.
- Add in vanilla extract, milk and eggs. Whisk to form dough. Shape into ball and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add orange juice and tapioca powder. Stir to combine.
- Add in orange zest and maple syrup.
- In a medium bowl, mix brown sugar, ginger powder and cinnamon.
- Add the orange juice mixture into the sugar mixture. Combine to form paste.
- Flour dough and roll out using rolling pin between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Add sugar paste on top of muffin dough and top with cherries.
- Roll dough slowly starting from the bottom. Cut into nine slices.
- Add muffin slices into greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- While muffins are cooling, add powdered sugar into a large bowl. Mix in non-dairy milk and cream cheese to form icing.
- Dip muffins into icing, top with orange zest and enjoy!
If you love this recipe, see below for more muffin recipes! As always all Healthy Grocery Girl recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free and predominately plant-based.
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!