Orange, Ginger & Mint Marmalade
- 6 large oranges
- 2 lemons
- 2 cups fine granulated sugar
- 3 sprigs fresh mint leaves finely chopped
- 1- inch fresh ginger peeled & minced
- Cut a small slice off the navel end, and opposite end, of each orange. Slice each as thinly as possible. Leave any seeds you find in the slices for now.
- Finely zest and then juice the lemons.
- Place the orange slices in a large pan, and cover with water over a medium setting.
- As it comes to a boil, add the lemon zest, lower the heat and let it simmer for about an hour.
- Remove any seeds you find, and save them in a muslin bag you can boil.
- Process the remaining orange slices in a food processor.
- Add the pulp mixture back to the pan, along with the muslin bag of seeds, lemon juice, ginger and sugar. Heat at a medium low setting, stirring gently until the sugar has dissolved.
- Let it simmer at a boil for about 20 minutes, until thickened.
- Remove the seed bag, and skim any froth from the surface of the jelly.
- Let it cool for about 5 minutes, and stir in the mint. Let it steep for a minute or two.
- Pour the jelly into clean, sterilized jars, and seal tightly.
- Store in the fridge, or process the jars in a water bath for about 10 minutes to store in a cool, dark place for up to a year.