Orange Glazed Nuts
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest finely grated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cups pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon AND
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger OR
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger AND
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli pepper flakes crushed
- Preheat the oven to 250F and thoroughly grease a cookie sheet.
- Beat the egg whites in a medium bowl until they are foamy.
- Add the salt, orange juice and zest, and your choice of seasonings. Mix well.
- Beat in the sugar. Make sure the mixture is thoroughly blended.
- Fold in the pecans to coat thoroughly.
- Spoon them onto the prepared baking sheet and bake in the oven for 45 to 60 minutes, until they are crispy glazed but not overly browned. Turn every 15 minutes.
- Allow the nuts to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 10 days.