It’s pumpkin season, which means all the festive drinks and baked goods! These Orange Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies are packed with flavor and naturally sweet from dates, apricots and orange juice. This means there is no added sugar making these perfect for kiddos and adults!
These cookies make for a quick & healthy snack, dessert or even a grab-n-go breakfast! One of my favorite things about these cookies is the variety of prebiotic fiber! Enjoy all the different gut healthy fiber from the dates, apricots, oats and pumpkin!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF COOKIE INGREDIENTS
Pumpkins are a part of the squash family and technically considered a fruit because of it’s enclosed seeds! They are packed with vitamin A, C and potassium. Vitamin C promotes healthy hair, skin and nails while vitamin A is important for eyesight and immune health!
Dates are a natural sweetener and packed with fiber! Eating 3 dates contains 5 grams, which is important for maintaining healthy digestion and improving gut health! Dates are also high in antioxidants that help reduce oxidative stress and prevent cell damage.
Apricots are a good source of potassium. Potassium is an important electrolyte that muscles need to contract and nerves need to function. Did you know that potassium is also important for regulating your heart beat?
If you make these Orange Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies, please share a photo on Instagram and tag me @HealthyGroceryGirl so I can easily find and like your creations! It’s so fun to connect with you and see what recipes you’re enjoying.
For more HGG recipe ideas you can also visit the HGG YouTube channel here!
- 1 Limoneira navel orange
- 10 pitted dates
- 10 apricots
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- ½ inch fresh ginger
- 1 ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add dates and apricots to a bowl with boiling water. Cover and let sit for 20 minutes.
- In a food processor, add the walnuts and pulse until a thin powder forms. Remove the walnuts and set aside.
- Add pumpkin, ginger, zest from orange, juice from orange and drained dates and apricots into the food processor and pulse until smooth mixture forms.
- In a large bowl add pumpkin mixture, baking soda, chia seeds, crumbled walnuts and oats and mix to combine. Let batter sit for 20 minutes.
- Using a scooper, scoop batter into cookie shapes onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool and enjoy!
If you love this recipe, see below for more easy cookies recipes! As always all Healthy Grocery Girl recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free and predominately plant-based.
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!