Orange Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 orange finely zested & juice
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1 can pumpkin purée 15 ounces
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F, and lightly grease a baking sheet – or two if you have them.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and finely grated orange zest until well blended.
- In a second bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy in texture.
- Add the egg, pumpkin purée, and orange juice until well blended.
- Combine half the dry ingredients into the butter mixture, and blend.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and blend together.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips last, and try to distribute them as evenly as you can in the dough.
- Spoon dollops onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl, and sprinkle on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 to 18 minutes until lightly browned on the bottom.
- Let them cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.