Orange & Rosemary Savory Muffins
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 Limoneira® orange zest & juice
- 1/3 cup Parmesan finely grated
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- Prepare a 6 cup muffin pan by greasing lightly with butter.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, measure the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Stir to distribute evenly.
- Add the chopped rosemary and orange zest. Stir with a fork.
- Add the Parmesan to the dry ingredients and blend well.
- In a second bowl, beat the egg lightly, then add the oil as you continue to beat
- Add the yogurt as you stir continuously.
- Add the orange juice last, stirring to blend.
- As quickly as you can, pour the wet ingredients onto the dry. Stir only as much as needed to thoroughly blend the ingredients – no more.
- Spoon into the six muffin cups, and bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes. The tops should be lightly browned, and a clean knife inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Remove from the pan and allow to cool on a rack for about 10 minutes before eating.