Orange Spice Cheesecake
- 1 1/4 cups biscuit crumbs crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 3/4 cups ricotta
- 3/4 cups cream cheese
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon powdered cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogourt
- 1 tablespoon Cointreau
- 1/2 Limoneira orange zest & juice
- 2 large Limoneira oranges zest & juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 300 °F.
- Lightly grease a 9-inch cake pan with a removable rim.
- Add the cookie crumbs to a large bowl, and mix in the melted butter.
- Spoon the mixture into the cake pan, along the bottom and up the sides.
- In a clean bowl, beat together the ricotta, cream cheese, and sugar until the texture is creamy. Stir in the ginger and cinnamon.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, mix in the flour, yogourt, Cointreau, orange juice and zest. Fold the yogourt mixture into the cream filling until only just blended. Do not overmix.
- Pour into the pan carefully, so that the cookie crumbs remain on the sides.
- Bake for about 60 minutes, up to 70. The cake will be just firm, and wobble slightly but retain its shape.
- Add the orange zest and juice, and sugar, to a saucepan.
- Heat at a medium setting as you stir.
- When the sugar is incorporated, add the cornstarch, and continue to stir until boiling.
- Allow it to boil for a minute or less, until it just begins to thicken.
- Remove from the heat.
- When the cheesecake is done baking, run a thin, sharp knife along the edge to loosen it.
- Spoon the glaze on top, and use the back of a spoon to smooth it over the surface of the cake.
- Let the cake cool at room temperature for at least half an hour, and then transfer to the fridge.
- Allow it to chill for another 4 hours at least before removing the rim to serve.