Fall flavors are here and we are not holding back! You’re going to love these Orange Spiced Apple Muffins that are perfect for breakfast or a quick grab-n-go snack throughout the week. They are also dairy-free, gluten-free and so easy to make.
Apples are such an amazing fall fruit because they are packed with nutrition! Apples contain around 4.4 grams of fiber, which aids in digestion and keeps you feeling full. They also contain pectin, which is a prebiotic fiber that helps feed your healthy gut bacteria! Apples are rich in vitamins and minerals providing your body with vitamin C, potassium and vitamin K!
Enjoy some of these yummy Orange Spiced Apple Muffins today!
Orange Spiced Apple Muffins
- ¾ cup Limoneira® navel orange juice freshly squeezed from Limoneira navel oranges
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cup baking flour of choice
- ½ cup golden coconut sugar
- 1 apple
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Limoneira® orange zest
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, add eggs, coconut sugar, olive oil and orange juice. Whisk together to combine.
- Add in baking flour, orange zest, cinnamon, ginger powder and baking powder. Whisk until batter forms.
- In a greased muffin tin, add muffin mixture. Dice apple thin and add on top of muffins. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool, top with orange zest and enjoy!
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!