This hearty and healthy flavorful Orange Sweet Potato Chili is the perfect way to cozy up on a fall evening! The best part is that it is made with simple ingredients and done in the instant pot, for a quick weeknight meal.
Sweet potatoes are loaded with beta-carotene, which is converted to vitamin A. Vitamin A supports your immune system and is great for gut health! It also may reduce your risk for macular degeneration, night blindness, heart disease and cancer! Sweet potatoes taste incredible in chili by giving it the perfect sweetness that it needs! Don’t forget to head over to the HGG instagram page here to follow and post a pic of your delicious bowl of chili!
Orange Sweet Potato Chili
- 1 Limoneira® navel orange
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper chopped
- ½ head cauliflower chopped
- 2 cups sweet potato cubed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder blend
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 15-ounce can sweet potato puree
- 1 15-ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
- 12- ounces soup stock
- 2 15-ounce cans bean trio of black, pinto and kidney
- In an instant pot, set to sauté mode and add coconut oil, onion, bell pepper, cauliflower, sweet potato, spices and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add soup stock, tomatoes and sweet potato puree and stir. Pressure cook on high for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, juice orange.
- Release the steam from the instant pot and remove lid.
- Add in the bean trio and orange juice and stir to incorporate.
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!