Oven Dried Spiced Blood Orange Slices
- 2 large blood oranges
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 200 Fahrenheit.
- Wash the oranges, and pat them dry with a clean cloth. Slice them as thinly as possible while still maintaining the integrity of each slice, discarding the ends.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and lay the blood orange slices in a single layer on it.
- Measure the sugar and spices in a small bowl, and mix to blend them thoroughly.
- Sprinkle the seasonings over the orange slices as evenly as possible, reserving about a quarter of the mixture.
- Dry them in the oven for 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining sugar and spice mixture.
- Cover and store in a cool dry place.