Pasta with Lemon Clam Sauce
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 pound fresh linguine
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
- 3 lb small littleneck clams
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley chopped
- Rinse and scrub the clams to remove any grit.
- Add the oil to a heavy skillet over a medium-high setting.
- Sauté the garlic about 1 or 2 minutes, until it starts to brown.
- Next, add the lemon zest, and continue to cook for another minute.
- Stir in the clams and white wine, along with the chili flakes.
- As the sauce cooks, boil the pasta in salted water until tender, or about 3 to 5 minutes for fresh linguine.
- Simmer the clams for about 2 minutes, then add the lemon juice and most of the parsley – leave a little for garnish.
- Let the clams cook for another 4 or 5 minutes, until they open. Discard any clams that do not open.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta when ready, and add to the clam sauce.
- Divide into four portions, garnish with reserved parsley, and serve.