Pasta With Lemon & Feta
- 12 ounces cheese tortellini
- 3 cups fresh spinach chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 lemon zest & juice
- 1/4 cup feta cheese grated
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- Salt to taste
- Cook the pasta in a pot of salted water until al dente – still firm and not too soft.
- As the pasta is cooking, you can rinse and chop the spinach. Shake off all but a few drops of water, and add to a saucepan with a pinch of salt. Cook over a medium heat until wilted, and keep warm until the pasta is done if necessary.
- When the pasta is done, drain.
- Add the olive oil to a skillet at a medium-high setting. Saute the garlic 2 to 3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the lemon juice and zest, stirring to blend.
- Add the spinach and pasta to the pot, turning it over with a spatula until the mixture is blended, and heated thoroughly.
- The feta cheese, black pepper and salt should be added last, turning the mixture over gently until just heated through.
- Serve immediately.