Pasta with Seafood and Meyer Lemon Prosecco Sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups dry prosecco
- 1 cup crème fraîche or heavy cream
- Zest of 2 Meyer lemons
- 2 tablespoons to 3Meyer lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 pound cooked seafood crab, lobster, or shrimp, shelled
- 1 pound fresh linguine
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Boil pasta in a pot of salted water until just tender – about 2 to 5 minutes.
- Add the olive oil to a heavy saucepan at a medium high setting. Saute the shallot until softened, stirring for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Continue to stir as you add the chili flakes and about 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- Now add the prosecco and crème fraîche, stirring with a whisk as the sauce comes to a boil.
- Allow to simmer until reduced to about 1 3/4 cups, or about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low setting. Stir in the Meyer lemon zest, 2 tablespoons of juice and seafood. Remove from heat once everything has been added and heated.
- Drain pasta when done and gently toss with the sauce.
- Add parsley, and more Meyer lemon juice and salt to taste.