Pasta with Shrimp & New Peas in Lemon Turmeric Sauce
- 1 pound fresh pasta of choice
- 1 pound shrimp cleaned
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger peeled & minced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- 1 cup peas shelled
- 1/4 cup plain yogourt
- Add the oil to a large skillet, and sauté the garlic and ginger for about 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the turmeric, cumin, and lemon zest, and continue to cook for another minute or two at a medium-high setting.
- Add the shrimp, and sprinkle with the lemon juice.
- As the shrimp sauté for a few minutes on each side, add the peas to a small pot of boiling water. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes – when they rise to the top, they are done.
- When the shrimp are pink and rounded, lower the heat to medium-low, and add the cooked peas.
- Fill a large pot with water and 1/2 teaspoon salt along with a few drops of oil. Bring to a boil and add the pasta.
- Cook to al dente, which will vary depending on the type of pasta but should be about 3 to 5 minutes for fresh pasta.
- Drain, saving the pasta liquid.
- Stir the yogourt into the shrimp and pea mixture in the skillet, and thin with the pasta liquid to the desired consistency. With very little, it sticks to the pasta and peas with a more intense flavor; with more pasta liquid, the consistency is creamier.
- Serve immediately.