Potato Salad With Bacon & Lemon Vinaigrette
- 2 pounds potatoes
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Dice the bacon, and fry in a skillet as you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- When the bacon pieces are cooked to your desired level of crispness, drain the fat on kitchen paper, and set aside until the potatoes and vinaigrette are ready.
- Wash the potatoes, and cut them into either quarters (if they are larger) or halves (if they are baby potatoes).
- Place them in a saucepan and cover with water. Add a pinch of salt, and bring to a boil.
- Cook until fork tender, but still largely firm, or about 20 to 30 minutes depending on the size of the pieces.
- Drain and rinse. If they are particularly fragile, you’ll want to let them cool for about 10 minutes before continuing.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl, and sprinkle with the lemon zest, stirring gently to distribute.
- Add the bacon pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, Dijon mustard and Cayenne pepper. Beat together until well combined.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Pour over the potatoes and bacon, tossing lightly to combine.
- Season with black pepper to taste.
- Serve warm, or cover with plastic wrap, and let it cool in the fridge for about an hour to serve cold.