Happy July! What is summertime without some refreshing lemonade and tasty snacks?! Today we are sharing how to make a delicious Red, White and Blue Lemonade as well as some yummy and nourishing Avocado Fries with our collab partner Amanda Keefer from Produce for Kids! Avocados are such a great and healthy snack because they provide the body with healthy fats that can keep you satiated between meals. Both of these recipes are quick and easy and one that the kids will love making together!
Red, White & Blue Lemonade
- 4 Limoneira classic lemons
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup raspberries
- 2 apples
- 2-3 skewers
- Small star cookie cutter
- Begin by cutting stars out of your apples. (Use your scraps to make applesauce or apple pie)
- Add apple stars and berries to each skewer. Let freeze for 3+ hours. Freezing is optional, but I like doing this because it takes the place of ice.
- Juice lemons into pitcher, add the sugar, boiling water and stir.
- Fill the pitcher to the top with cold filtered water, 3 cups is ideal.
- When you are ready to serve, add the frozen skewers and after a few minutes the berries will tint and naturally flavor the lemonade.
Amanda Keefer, managing partner of Produce for Kids, is the mom of two girls – Charli and Mia. You can hear her as the host of the Healthy Family Project podcast, find her cooking alongside her girls in videos on the Produce for Kids Instagram feed or spot her out volunteering with her family. When not in the office, Amanda can be found with her family on the tennis courts or at the dance studio.
Baked Avocado Fries
- 2 avocados cut into strips
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Squeeze lemon and lime juice into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add panko bread crumbs, salt and lemon pepper seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Dip avocado into lemon/lime mixture and then into panko bread crumbs.
- Add avocado strips to a baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Enjoy with dip of choice!