Roast Carrots with Lemon & Spice
- 1 lb. carrots peeled and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- 1 lemon cut into slices
- Preheat an oven to 450°F.
- Combine the oil, garlic, spices and salt, lemon juice and zest in a small bowl and stir to blend.
- Place the carrots temporarily in a large dish and toss with the mixture to coat as evenly as possible.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and arrange the carrots in a single layer.
- Cover with a sheet of foil, and bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the foil sheet and place the lemon slices on the carrots. Continue to roast for another 20 to 30 minutes, turning at least once. The carrots should be tender and browned.