Roasted Root Vegetables With Meyer Lemon & Herbs
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes
- 1/2 pound carrots
- 1/2 pound parsnips
- 1/2 pound beets
- 6 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary chopped
- 2 Meyer lemons
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Cut the Meyer lemons into thin slices and remove any seeds. Set aside for now.
- Wash the vegetables, and cut the potatoes, carrots, parsnips and beets into 2-inch pieces. Add them to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, thyme, rosemary, red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon a little over the Meyer lemon slices. Then, pour the rest over the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Arrange the vegetables on a baking sheet, with the Meyer lemon slices on top.
- Roast in the oven for about 40 minutes, turning once. The vegetables and lemon slices should be very tender and golden brown at the edges.