Ruby Grapefruit & Avocado Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
- 4 Star ruby grapefruits
- 4 avocados
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 small red onions thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 fennel bulb thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Parmegiano-Reggiano cheese shaved
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon shallot minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshy ground black pepper
- Peel and section the grapefruits, taking as much of the white pith off as you can.
- Peel and pit the avocados, and cut them into slices lengthwise.
- Add the grapefruit and avocado to a large bowl, along with the spinach, red onion, and fennel. Toss lightly to combine.
- Divide between four large salad bowls, or plates.
- Top each with the Pargemiano-Reggiano cheese.
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together briskly until well combined.
- Drizzle over the salad and serve immediately.