Ruby Grapefruit Seafood Ceviche
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 12 ounces bay scallops cleaned
- 12 ounces calamari rings
- 2 ruby grapefruits
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 red onion sliced and chopped
- 1 jalapeño stemmed and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 inches ginger peeled and julienned
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- Peel the grapefruits, and, using a sharp knife, cut into the membrane to release the sections of fruit over a bowl to catch any juice that escapes.
- Reserve half of the fruit in a bowl and set aside.
- Take the other half of the grapefruit and dice it on a cutting board. Add the fruit and juice to a large bowl.
- Add the onion, honey, jalapeño, garlic, ginger, mint, and olive oil to the bowl with the fruit and juice. Stir gently.
- Add the seafood to the bowl. Cover and refrigerate until the seafood is solid in color, about 1 to 2 hours. Do not leave for more than 2 hours or the shrimp can become tough.
- Serve with the reserved grapefruit slices, and garnish with cilantro.