Salmon Baked with Winter Oranges & Spice
- 2 lb salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Cara Cara oranges zest & juice
- 1 Moro blood orange zest & juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 blood orange thinly sliced
At least 30 min before:
- Combine the orange juices, soy sauce, ginger, brown sugar and pepper flakes in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Place the salmon in a dish and pour about 3/4 of the marinade/glaze over it.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
When you're ready:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove the salmon from the marinade, and discard any leftover liquid.
- Lightly grease the bottom of a baking dish, and place the salmon in it.
- Brush with the reserved marinade/glaze, and cover with the blood orange slices.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 to 12 minutes, depending on how thick the fillets are. The fish should be flaky and cooked all the way through.