Salmon with Moro Blood Orange & Honey/Maple Glaze
- 1 pound salmon fillets
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup Moro blood orange juice freshly squeezed
- 2 whole Moro blood oranges thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Rub the salmon fillets with a little of the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and a generous pinch of pepper.
- Add the Moro blood orange juice, honey or maple syrup, and soy sauce to a saucepan. Bring to a boil at a medium-high setting.
- Simmer until the glaze reduces by about half.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to a baking dish and then add salmon.
- Pour the glaze over the salmon fillets, reserving a little.
- Top the fillets with the blood orange slices.
- Bake in the oven at a broil setting for about 15 minutes.
- Flip the blood orange slices about halfway through to avoid over browning, and brush salmon with the reserved glaze as you do.