Savory Lemon, Herb & Parmesan Muffins
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup fresh basil minced
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest grated
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 6-cup muffin tin.
- Measure the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda into a large bowl. Stir together with a fork until blended.
- Add the cheese, and stir the blend.
- In a second bowl, add the lemon juice, yogurt, olive oil, and egg. Blend together to combine.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients, and pour in the yogurt mixture. Stir by folding over only until just combined.
- Add the basil, chili powder, and lemon zest last, folding them in only once or twice to distributed evenly.
- Divide between the six muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a knife tip or toothpick emerges clean.
- Let the muffins cool for about 10 minutes before removing them from the tin, and transferring to a wire rack.