Looking for a quick & easy dinner that is nutritious, but also not a lot of work? We have the perfect recipe for you! This Sheet Pan Lemon Rainbow Veggies + Chickpeas recipe is loaded with fiber, plant-based protein and delicious flavor! Sheet pan recipes are such a great way to use up produce that is about to go bad and get in your vegetable servings for the day!
We love to eat this recipe with a side of brown rice or quinoa for a more filling meal. You can also roast the veggies and chickpeas ahead of time to throw together an even quicker dinner throughout the week!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF SHEET PAN INGREDIENTS:
There is so much to love about sweet potatoes including all its incredible health benefits! This root veggie contains a significant amount of vitamin A, which may reduce the risk of macular degeneration and night blindness, prevent heart disease and cancer, strengthen our immunity and help muscle growth in children!
Red and orange bell peppers contain more vitamin C than an orange! One of these peppers contains approximately 190% of your daily recommended intake! Vitamin C aids in immunity by keeping your immune system strong and preventing your risk of disease. It also helps your body produce collagen, which is essential for skin health along with wound healing.
Zucchini contains both soluble and insoluble fiber, which is important for digestion! Soluble fiber dissolves in water creating a gel like consistency to aid in digestion. Insoluble fiber draws water into your stool, creating bulk. Adding zucchini into recipes is just one way to get these different types of fiber into your diet.
If you make this recipe, please share a photo on Instagram and tag me @HealthyGroceryGirl so I can easily find and like your creations! It’s so fun to connect with you and see what recipes you’re enjoying.
For more HGG recipe ideas you can also visit the HGG YouTube channel here!
- 1 Limoneira classic lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon onion
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 yellow squash
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash sweet potato, cut off any bad spots and cut into cubes.
- Add to a baking sheet with half of avocado oil. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop squash, zucchini and bell pepper.
- Add into a large bowl with broccoli florets and chickpeas.
- Add in spices, the rest of the avocado oil and juice and zest from lemon. Stir to combine.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and add in the veggie chickpea mixture.
- Roast for 30 more minutes.
- Serve over brown rice or quinoa. Enjoy!
If you love this recipe, see below for more easy & nutritious dinner recipes! As always all Healthy Grocery Girl recipes are gluten-free and predominately plant-based.
This video was created for the Limoneira YouTube Channel! Megan Roosevelt, RDN is the Spokesperson for Limoneira. To see all our tips & videos makes sure to visit & subscribe to the Limoneira YouTube Channel!