Simple Moro Blood Orange Caramel Sauce
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup Moro blood orange juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon Moro blood orange peel grated
- Add the sugar and water to a small but heavy saucepan over a medium-low setting. Heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves.
- Increase the temperature to medium-high, and bring to a boil without stirring.
- Swirl the pot once in a while as the mixture simmers for about 8 minutes. It should be a deep amber color.
- Lower the temperature to a low setting, and add the blood orange juice and peel.
- Stir and cook at low temperature until the sauce is smooth.
- Cover, and allow it to cool at room temperature before using.