Skillet Chicken Thighs With Orange Sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 shallots chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup fresh Limoneira® orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Limoneira® orange zest grated
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 pounds chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, and add the garlic and shallots. Cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger, and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper. Add them to the skillet, and brown on each side for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet, and set aside for now.
- Add the red pepper flakes, orange juice and zest, soy sauce, and honey to the skillet, and stir to blend. Cook at a medium heat for about 10 minutes. The sauce should have reduced by about half, and have thickened.
- Add the chicken thighs, skin side down, back into the skillet, and cook for about 5 minutes on one side.
- Turn the thighs over, and cook for another 6 or 7 minutes, until thoroughly cooked and no longer pink.
- Remove from the heat, and spoon any sauce left in the pan over the chicken to serve.