Sole With Meyer Lemon Cream
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 lb sole fillets
- 8 tablespoons butter cut into pieces
- 2 shallots chopped
- 1 Limoneira® Meyer lemon zest & juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 sprigs Italian parsley chopped
- Sprinkle the sole fillets with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Add the flour to a plate, and dredge the sole fillets on both sides.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over a medium-high setting until the butter is bubbling.
- Fry the fish for about 2 minutes on one side, then flip. The fillets should be golden on both sides.
- Transfer the fish to a baking sheet as each fillet is done, and keep warm in a low oven.
- Saute the shallots for about 2 minutes, until fragrant, scraping up any brown bits from the skillet.
- Add the Meyer lemon juice and zest, and the wine, to the skillet, stirring to blend.
- Stir in the cream, and bring it to a bubbling boil as you stir.
- Once bubbling, remove from the heat, and add the remaining 6 tablespoons of butter one at a time, as you stir constantly.
- Arrange the fish on a platter, or divide onto plates.
- Drizzle with the sauce, and garnish with parsley.
- Serve immediately.