Spiced Chicken Skewers With Lemon Pepper Sauce
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Salt to taste
Basting & Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large lemon zest & juice
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- If you are using wooden skewers, about 20 minutes before you are ready to grill, be sure to soak them in water. Take them out of the water about 5 minutes before you are ready to add the chicken.
- In a bowl, combine the paprika, salt and cumin.
- Cut the chicken breasts into cubes about 1-2 inches in size. Add the chicken to the bowl, and turn over to dust lightly on all sides with the spices
- Thread the chicken cubes to the skewers, leaving a good margin on each side.
- Heat the grill to a medium high heat.
- Place the chicken skewers on the grill and cook for 2 minutes per side while you mix the sauce.
- To make the sauce, melt the butter in a large skillet, and add the garlic. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the lemon juice and zest, red pepper flakes and mustard. Stir to blend over a low heat.
- Transfer the sauce to a small bowl for basting.
- After the first 2 minutes on each side, cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes per side (depending on the size of your cubes), brushing often with the basting sauce – but be sure to save some for dipping.
- When the chicken is browned and thoroughly cooked, remove from the heat.
- Reheat the leftover sauce and serve on the side.