Spicy Indian-Style Lemon Pickle
- 8 Limoneira® lemons
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 5 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon asafoetida
- Rinse the Limoneira® lemons under cool running water, and cut them into quarters, then the quarters in half. Remove any seeds you find.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to a pan over a medium setting. When the oil is hot, add the lemon pieces, and reduce the setting to low. Cook the lemons for about 10 minutes.
- Add the salt and turmeric, and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add the fenugreek asafoetida, turmeric and mustard seeds
- Add the rest of the oil, and raise the heat to a medium high setting. Bring it to a boil, then lower the heat and let it simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow it to cool to room temperature. Store in an airtight jar.
- Allow it to soften for about 10 to 15 days for optimal texture.